30.10.2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Kick-Ass Heroines

Ok so I'll keep this short seeing as I have to go to bed asap. Top ten Tuesday is hosted by the broke and the bookish and this week's topic is top ten kick-ass heroines. Yeeey, my favorite kind of characters. I honestly have a really hard time reading books without strong female characters, call me a feminist or whatever, I just really have a hard time believing that no girl would want to or at least knows how to take care of herself.

1. On top is the amazing Rose Hathaway from Richelle Meads Vampire Academy series. She knows how to kick some serious but, being trained to be a guardian for her whole life. Even that word sounds kick-ass. The character is so well put together, with weaknesses, funniness and well awesomeness. I think she is going to be on the top of my list for a very long time.

2. Isabel Culpeper from the Shiver trilogy. I know she is not literarily a "kick-ass" heroine, but she is so brave, strong and though. I love this character so much, and she shows how a real girl doesn't really have to take crap from anyone. (Ok, I hated her in the start, but the last book just made me start looking up to her instead.)

3. Annabeth Chase, Percy Jackson's beloved "side-kick" in the Percy Jackson and now Heroes of Olympus series. I still believe she could beat about anyone with that attitude. She is though, smart (a child of the goddess of war and wisdom). She really takes crap from no one, and even in her weakest moments she shines trough. Oh, and she could probably kick Percy's ass any day.

4. Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games. You read the book, you saw the movie. This girl can do some crazy damage, take care of herself and survive almost anything. She is such an inspiration fighting for what she believes in, and trying to do what she thinks is right, no matter what it might cost her.

5. Isabelle Lightwood from the Mortal Instruments series. This girl has got some serious attitude and training. I would most definitely not like to meet her in a fight, or at a shoe sale...


6. Tris from Divergent. She starts of as this innocent character with a good heart and ends up as this bad ass person, and learns to do what is necessary. She has got some real skills and yeah, fights for what she believes in. She isn't even that far from being fearless.

7. Yelena Zaltana from Poison Study. So she just happens to know all sorts of tricks and acrobatic movements. That might just have come in handy a couple of hundred times or so in the world she lives in. Oh, and I love how she is a pro with her staff-weapon.

8. Scarlet from A.J.Gaughens debut novel Scarlet. This girl kicks some ass, and is willing to risk her life for the ones she cares about. She is self taught, and even though she only fights men she has some serious advantage. No hero is perfect without a flaw. Being a girl is luckily not one of her flaws though.

9. Clarisse from the Percy Jackson series. She might be a much loved character, but no one can say that Clarisse is not a terrifying heroine. Being the daughter of Ares, the angry war God she's got some tricks and weapons up her sleeves (which most likely are made of her enemies bones or something like that.)

10. At last I'd like to present to you Calla Tor, the alpha female of the Nightshade series. Even though she struggles with being the boss, when she finally decides to do something she actually steps up and acts as a true female alpha. You go girl!

And that wraps it up, anyone I've missed or anyone you don't think fits on this list? Tell me why!

3 kommentarer:

  1. Rose made my # 1 too. I didn't think about Isabel from Shiver, but she's a great pick! We have a couple of other same picks too. Great list!

    Check out my TTT.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    SvarSlett
  2. Annabeth and Isabelle great picks!

    My STS
    http://areaderintime.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-ten-favorite-kick-ass-heroines.html

    SvarSlett
  3. Rose, Isabel and Katniss are all favorites of mine! Calla sadly isn't in my opinion she was more interested in making out than kicking ass :)

    Great list, Elena!

    SvarSlett